This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Monday, January 31, 2011
"Sinful in Satin" by Madeline Hunter
When I checked out this historical romance, I did not realize that it was the third in a series. That did not keep me from enjoying the exquisite writing, which was a step up from most of the others that I've read in this genre. Celia Pennifold is the daughter of a famed London courtesan who does not want to follow in her mother's footsteps. Jonathan Albrighton lives in the attic of the modest house left to Celia when her mother dies. He is a former spy for England and the illegitimate son of an earl . . . or is he? The author has a real talent for description and plot that made this a pleasure to read. I'm looking forward to the next in the series. An interesting side note about the author is that she has a Ph.D. in art history and teaches at the university level. 357 pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment