Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, November 19, 2011

Blood Ties by Lori Armstrong

I chose this book because of its setting, the Black Hills of South Dakota, although ultimately that didn't play a big role in the book. In this title we are introduced to Julie Collins, a part-time secretary in the Bear Butte County Sheriff’s office and part-time private investigator in a firm owned by her childhood friend, Kevin Wells. The book centers around the murder of a sixteen-year-old girl, the daughter of a classmate of Julie's. Kevin asks for Julie's help on the case because of that connection, not realizing all the bad memories that would be dredged up. At times I felt the writer was going for a likeable character, similar to Stephanie Plum, other times the author seemed to be daring you to draw close to this hard and hard-living protagonist. While I would read another title in the series, I won't go out of my way to check one out. 373 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment