Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, September 30, 2013

Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell

I read this title through my library Overdrive account while on vacation.  I only chose it because it was an available mystery.  This is the 10th in a series featuring Chief Medical Examiner Kay Scarpetta, so it's a forensics-based mystery.  The plot begins with Scarpetta being called to examine a decomposed body in a shipping container in the Richmond,Virginia harbor. This is the first one I've read, a disadvantage since more than half the story involved resolving issues from previous story lines.  The forensics/detective parts of the plot were quite far-fetched, involving preternatural elements to provide intrigue.  I agree with some reviewers on amazon.com that found the writing tedious in places, and the resolution of the plot not very believable.  This received very mixed reviews; maybe the earlier ones are better. 544 pages in paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment