Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Summary: "Ostracized or incarcerated her whole life, seventeen-year-old Juliette is freed on the condition that she use her horrific abilities in support of The Reestablishment, a post-apocalyptic dictatorship, but Adam, the only person ever to show her affection, offers hope of a better future."
I had heard and seen a lot about this series, but it wasn't quite what I expected. The writing style is quite different, as it frequently includes crossed out lines like:
"I know my parents never bothered to say good bye. I know I didn't cry as I was taken away. I know the sky falls down every day."
The rules of punctuation and paragraphs are fast and loose, which might be confusing or disconcerting in some instances.
Juliette is incredibly powerful, but she doesn't know the extent of her power. I enjoyed the Juliette's inner-thoughts and the story overall. I look forward to reading the next books!
338 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment