Catch a Falling Star by Kim CulbertsonMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
This started out okay, and it had great potential as a Hollywood star falls in love with a small town girl story. It just fell flat, and I took off an extra star for the ending, which was a huge, disappointing cliche.
I thought we might end up somewhere awesome, but instead, it came off as too convenient and pretty blah. I honestly don't even remember that final scene....
I guess for a Hollywood book, I wanted a real slam-bang type of finish, and this was every lame, romantic comedy you've ever watched and now you're supposed to be happy because it has an HEA (Happily Ever After). I just wasn't that happy or interested by the end. I was bored and a bit disappointed, which was unexpected.
Guess this one wasn't for me, but if you're a sucker for anything that ends happy (which I thought I was, but apparently not), this might be for you. It had elements of charm, but it doesn't touch Katie McGarry, Rainbow Rowell, or Stephanie Perkins.
Pages: 304
No comments:
Post a Comment