Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Summary: "Sybella's duty as Death's assassin in 15th-century France forces her return home to the personal hell that she had finally escaped. Love and romance, history and magic, vengeance and salvation converge in this sequel to Grave Mercy."

Even though Sybella and Beast were excellent minor characters in Grave Mercy, I wasn't quite as enthralled with their story in Dark Triumph. I thoroughly missed Ismae and Duval, and they were not in this sequel nearly enough. Dark Triumph lacks the political intrigue and mystery of the first novel. I also found Sybella and Beast's relationship to be a little too close to "insta-love" for my tastes. The sub-par quality of Dark Triumph serves to reinforce how unique and special Grave Mercy really is.

I can't decide if I'll read the third and final installment, Mortal Heart


387 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment