Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, March 28, 2019

Books Galore

This is the end of the romance package, because I finally discontinued it.  Also, I think I technically read these in February and never posted them. 


Fresh Catch (Talbott’s Cove, #1)Fresh Catch
by Kate Canterbary

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not a bad little read. It had some interesting perspective.

Pages: 240



Hard Pressed (Talbott’s Cove, #2)Hard Pressed by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After reading and enjoying book one, this was meh. Too boring. It lacked the charm and excitement of book one, as well as the honesty. The characters behave in ways that don't really make sense nor seem to align with who they are supposed to be as people. Their motivations are screwy, and the logic feels pretty illogical. Everything feels silly and false. I found myself wishing it would end already.

It's not the worst story ever, which is why I kept going. It has some cute moments, but that's pretty much it. Nothing else really seems to be holding the story together, not even a real plot or some character development. The side characters are particularly useless and underdeveloped.

It's mostly a lot of endless baking, but it's not even presented in a particularly interesting way. You aren't going to learning recipes or baking techniques, or anything like that. Just a bunch of--I'm baking. And now I'm baking again. I'm sharing treats. I'll bake some more. Share some more. Okay, let's buy groceries, so we can bake again. And now we will---wait---no--Yep. You guessed it. Bake again. And then buy more groceries, so that we can do the dishes and bake again until-- *entire hallelujah chorus dies in agony*. The baking horse is both dead and thoroughly beaten.

I recommend just stopping at book one, unless you tend to enjoy directionless fluff with nonsensical drama at the end. I was originally going to give this 2.5 stars, and therefore round up to 3, but the last 1/4 of the book was such silly mess that I couldn't do it. It's a 2 star read for me.

Pages: 259


Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1)Love and Lists
by Tara Sivec

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Generally amusing, though not as strong and compelling as some of her later works.

Pages: 254


Passion & Ponies (Chocoholics, #2)Passion & Ponies
by Tara Sivec

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not as great as the first book. Some humorous moments but just lacks depth.

Pages: 220


Baking and Babies (Chocoholics, #3)Baking and Babies
y Tara Sivec

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love this author, but this isn't her best work. It has some moments, but overall could be a stronger story.

Pages: 223



Lucky SuitLucky Suit by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is basically a meet cute. They meet. It is cute. That is almost the whole story.

Since it’s a novella, that works for me. Just don’t expect them to overcome any issues or anything. There isn’t time for that. Meet. Cute. Happy. And done.

Pages: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment