It all starts with a letter from jail. A letter that is written to help sway an attorney to take up a case because,
"Mr. Wrexham,
There is no way I can make you listen to my case. So I'm just going to have to do my best to set things out. However long it takes, however much I mess this up, I'm just going to keep going and tell the truth."
Set in the Highlands of Scotland, The Turn of the Key is the 5th novel by acclaimed mystery writer Ware, and tell the story of a nanny who takes a job that seems to be too good to be true. Knowing at the beginning that the nanny is writing this story from jail, questions form right from the beginning about what really happened at Heatherbrae House.
I admit, I gasp out loud at the ending of this book and can't wait to read another by Ware.
337 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment