Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, March 10, 2023

The Foxglove King by Hannah Whitten

This book was really cool, and like... it had Serpent and Dove and ACOTAR vibes. Chef's kiss
BUT ALSO:

I'll preface with I read an ARC, so the word might have changed, but it probably didn't, but the misuse and oversimplification of the word "transubstantiation" really upset me. Like...I almost wonder if she googled "cool Catholic words," looked at the root words and decided what they meant based on her guess, rather than doing research into them, and then decided that the beliefs she was familiar with were the beliefs that everyone believed.

To paraphrase a review I read: it was kind of like reading Catholic fanfiction by a writer who isn't Catholic.

But if you throw out that issue, it was great and I'm v stressed. But that might be because love triangles make me anxious

480 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment