Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, July 23, 2011

Immunity, by Lori Andrews

Within the first 10 minutes of this audiobook, I thought I had picked up one of the Kay Scarpetta novels by Patricia Cornwell. The names and the details of the plot are different, but general plot line and character types are very similar. In this book, our heroine discovers a highly deadly compound that causes people to swell, bleed out and die when exposed to synthetic materials. As she tries to discover the cause, she discovers that the compound was created as a vaccine, but has been used for a more sinister purpose. Add to that the mayhem that arises from racial tensions generated by a rogue homeland security chief, and there's quite a bit of action and suspense. The book was too politics-heavy for me to really enjoy, and I generally prefer the Scarpetta series, but it was a welcome diversion while doing chores.
audio: 11.5 hours
print: 336 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment