Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Never Tease a Siamese" by Edie Claire

I picked up this mystery at the DBRL book sale last month just for the title (I have a Siamese cat).  I hadn't read a purely mystery book in a long time and thought I'd give this one a try since it sounded like there was at least one cat in it.  The mystery revolves around the death of an elderly socialite who used to breed Siamese cats and the true heir to her fortune.  Leigh Koslow is the local busy-body whose father, the veterinarian who cared for the lady's cats, is named in the will to take care of the recently orphaned felines.  After his office is vandalized and he and his staff are threatened, Leigh takes it upon herself to figure out the who and why of these incidents.

This was not a bad book but I simply didn't enjoy it.  I didn't care for the heroine, Leigh.  Although she claimed to have a job, she rarely went to work and spent her time interviewing suspects and sneaking around to get information.  This book is one in the "Leigh Koslow Mystery" series, but I won't be reading any others.  258 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment