Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stages of Senior Care by Paul and Lori Hogan

No, I'm not THAT old; rather, trying to figure out how best to help my Dad, now 89, with finding some assistance following his stroke. For all of you with parents over 70, I would recommend taking a look at this title, or some similar ones. The authors review signs that indicate your parents may need some assistance, with everything from household tasks to managing their finances. They describe various adaptations that may help seniors to stay in their homes, and give a thorough description of the options available for help, from senior centers to assisted living and finally hospice care. I found their suggestions for how to start the conversation very helpful, as well as the checklists for evaluating the various services. They also include good resource lists for each area. 271 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment