Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, January 31, 2013

BURY YOUR DEAD by Louise Penny


Chief Inspector Gamache has come to Quebec City to recover from an investigation gone bad, very bad, Armand’s wounds are physical and non-physical.  The investigation and its outcome are revealed to the reader in bits and pieces as the events play out in his head over and over throughout the novel.  A very interesting technique that pushes the plot forward.

As in the other Three Pines novels, the author writes beautifully of the setting.  I felt as though I walked the winter streets of the very old Quebec City and visited the Literary and Historical Society Library where, of course, because this is a crime series, there is a murder.

I was especially glad to read this one back-to-back with THE BRUTAL TELLING because it put to rest the feeling of something unfinished in Three Pines.

Wonderful characters continue to reveal themselves as humans you want to know, and, in case I haven’t mentioned before, hilarious moments of dark humor roll through the dialogue.  I love this series.

Minotaur, 2010 371 p.

No comments:

Post a Comment