Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, January 31, 2013

Matched

By Allie Condie
400 pages
Obviously I am a sucker for dystopian novels with teen protagonists.  Gone, Divergent, Hunger Games…now Matched.  I heartily enjoyed the plot:  a society that chooses one’s profession, provides meals, regulates free time, matches ideal mates and provides an easy death at age eighty for its citizens is starting to show cracks in the system.  Cassia is seventeen, and is matched with her best friend, Xander, at her matching ceremony, but is later shown a glimpse of another boy labeled as her match.  As the Society’s attempts to clean up this untidy situation with Cassia leads to more abnormal situations, the reader is drawn into a larger story, involving a war on the border of the organized Society.
Something about Cassia didn’t exactly click for me, though.   I can’t put my finger on it…I was just more intrigued with the story and the secondary characters than by her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment