Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, April 1, 2013

"Lover at Last" by J.R. Ward

This is book 11 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and I own them all.  I was especially looking forward to this one because it focuses on two male vampire warriors who've been best friends but have grown apart.  Blay has been pining for Qhuinn for years through the previous books, but Qhuinn has so much baggage with his late family that he can't face that he might actually be in love with another male.  However, Ward has added so many additional characters and storylines that Blay and Qhuinn's story tends to get lost, which was a huge disappointment.  What there was of them was great but it just wasn't enough.  I wanted a whole book devoted to THEM, but I knew from the way Ward has written the other books that that wasn't going to happen.  They are the emotional heart of this book, I just wish there had been more of them and less focus on some really unlikable characters that I'm afraid are going to be the heroes of future editions.  Still, getting these two incredible characters together was worth the long read.  591 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment