Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

South of Sanity by Suzann Ledbetter

This is the second book in the Hannah Garvey series.  It is a sequel to East of Peculiar, and features the same cast of characters. Hannah Garvey is the manager of the Valhalla Springs Retirement Center in the Missouri Ozarks. When a restaurant dishwasher opens fire during a going-away party, she and  begins sleuthing again, helped, of course, by the wacky residents of Valhalla Springs.  This was one funny book. There's romance, suspense, and a lot of comic relief.

Hannah and Sheriff David Hendrickson provide  the romantic suspense, and the senior citizens provide the comic relief. The author has a unique way of turning a phrase, making the dialogue clever and keeping readers on their toes; I often had to re-read a section because I was going too fast and lost the meaning. I'm not a big fan of romantic suspense, but this was an enjoyable read.

384 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment