This is the second in the Highland Pleasures series and follows "The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie," which I read several years ago. In this book, Lady Isabella Scranton and Scottish Lord Mac Mackenzie eloped the night of her debut ball. She left him three years later and now has been separated for three-and-a-half years. Mac is a well-known painter, and Isabella is convinced that someone is forging his work. When she reenters his life to tell him, Mac realizes that she still cares and vows to win her back. However, the forger has different ideas and may keep them apart forever.
I have not done justice describing this lovely historical romance. With crackling dialog and undeniable chemistry between the two likable main characters, this book was a pleasure to read. Reading about this couple's problems and how they worked to overcome them seemed very real. With four Mackenzie brothers, there should be at least two more books; I'm looking forward to reading them. 316 pages.

No comments:
Post a Comment