Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The End of the Wasp Season by Denise Mina


I didn’t think it was possible, but I’ve found another female mystery author I like as well as Louise Penny, Tana French, and Elizabeth George. And I liked this book so well I went right back to the library and picked out another of her books to read immediately. That’s something I never do!  This is the second in a series featuring the tough, female Detective Inspector Alex Morrow.
Here’s a blurb from the publisher: “The case involves a seemingly random attack on a family in a quiet suburb of Glasgow, Scotland. Three armed men slipped from a van into a house, demanding a man who is not, and has never been, inside the front door. In the confusion that ensues, one family member is shot and another kidnapped, the assailants demanding an impossible ransom. Is this an amateur crime gone horribly wrong, or something much more unexpected?”

Mina writes using excellent character development that “blurs the lines between the villains and the good guys as she explores their life trajectories.” If you enjoy hard-boiled detective mysteries featuring strong, but imperfect female protagonists, you’ll want to get to know Alex Morrow. 432 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment