Lips Touch: Three Times is a collection of three short stories with elements of romance and the supernatural intertwined.
The first story, "Goblin Fruit", is about a teenage girl named Kizzy who lives with her eclectic family in a small town. Her grandma warns her of the dangers of goblins luring young girls to damnation with their sweet, addictive fruit, but Kizzy is so desperate for attention, that she ignores her grandma's warnings from beyond the grave. Kizzy's story was immense fun, but it was way too short! The next two stories are much longer, but I really wish Kizzy's had been longer instead.
The second story, "Spicy Little Curses Such as These", is about a newborn girl who is cursed by a demon to have the most beautiful voice in the world, but the most deadly. Whoever hears her voice will immediately drop dead. An old woman who is a servant of the demon actually delivers the curse, and she changes it so that the girl has full understanding of the curse placed upon her. The story takes place in India, and it's warm, exciting and spicy!
The third story, "Hatchling", is one of the most intense supernatural stories I've ever read. It was terrifying yet awesome, and I have no idea how the author ever came up with such a twisted story. I couldn't begin to explain it because I would not do it justice. It was alarming, yet very, very good.
The illustrations by Jim Di Bartolo are hauntingly beautiful!
265 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment