Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Boy is Back by Meg Cabot

Summary: "A viral scandal draws notorious celebrity golfer Reed Stewart back to his tiny Indiana hometown, where he reunites with small business owner Becky Flowers in ways that challenge their perceptions about each other."

I adore the books in the Boy series by Meg Cabot, especially Boy Meets Girl. Boy Meets Girl is one of my all-time favorite books, and it's one that I read over and over again. Thus, my expectations for the newest installment of the series were a bit high. However, in reality, the book fell a bit short of meeting those expectations. The creativity of the format was not as interesting as it could have been, nor was Becky's character as well-developed as she should have been. She did not have 1/10th of the personality of Kate Mackenzie. I did enjoy Reed's character and overall the story was interesting, just not nearly as funny or clever as the other books in the series. 

357 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment