Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry



SUMMARY: In this science fiction quartet, Lowry creates what appears to be a utopian society that quickly proves to be dystopian in nature. Each book in the series centers on a different character overcoming obstacles to make the world a better place. The books in this series MUST be read in order.

REVIEW: I actually read book 1 in the series, The Giver, many years ago and found it engaging and thought-provoking, so when I landed on YA Novel in the most recent MOSL Book Game, I decided to give the rest of the series a try. In books 2-4, Lowry continues her masterful storytelling and challenges us to live a kinder and more empathetic life. I am sure there are excellent study guides available to foster good discussion.

RATING: 5 out of 5

BOOKS READ THIS MONTH IN THE SERIES:
Gathering Blue, Book 2, 256 pages
Messenger, Book 3, 192 pages
Son, Book 4, 400 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment