First
Drop of Crimson
(Night Huntress World #1).
By Jeaniene Frost, Narrator: Tavia Gilbert. 2010. Blackstone
Audiobooks. ISBN:
9781481587310 . (Unabridged
audiobook, 10 hours, 6
mins).
When Denise MacGregor befriended vampire hunter, Cat Crawford, she was introduced
to the world of vampires, ghosts and ghouls. But when her husband was
killed by zombies in an attack orchestrated to kill Cat’s husband,
Bones; Denise withdrew from Cat’s world. But now she and her family
are in grave danger from a shape-shifting demon, so she reaches out
to Spade, a centuries-old vampire, and requests he help her. Spade’s
honor impels him to aid Denise at first, but he soon discovers he has
no desire of leaving her side. Together, they must unravel the
secrets of the demonic bond that threatens her life.
First Drop of
Crimson is the first installment
of Frost’s Night Huntress World novels
(set in the Night Huntress
universe but are dedicated, full-length, single novels featuring new
couples that are not Cat and Bones).
The author’s recommended reading order places this title between
Night Huntress #4 and
#5; and this is the order I am
following, but I think this
title can be considered a stand-alone as the main highlights for
Denise are revisited and up to this point, very little is known about
Spade.
So
far, I’m not a fan of Cat and Bones, but my interest in the world
and desire to learn more about the secondary vampires
has me working through the recommended reading order so
that I don’t miss anything about Spade, Mencheres, Ian, and
especially Vlad. I very much
liked Spade and Denise’s story. Their
steadfast natures help each other overcome Denise’s PTSD episodes
and Spade’s fear of losing a mortal mate. Overall,
an entertaining and steamy narrated read that will
appeal to readers of vampire and
paranormal fiction.
371
pages
No comments:
Post a Comment