Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, December 11, 2020

Week of December 7 - Salena

The Silent Corner- (Jane Hawk #1), by Dean Koontz 

I found this disappointing. It seemed slow and not-at-all suspenseful.  I am big fan of the Odd Thomas series and I enjoyed Koontz’s take on the story of Frankenstein. Those I would recommend but this one, not so much. L
576 pages




Trouble in Mudbug- (Ghost-in-Law #1) by Jana Deleon  

This book was a lot of fun. Some parts were pretty predictable but not at all boring. Helena, the rude, pushy, manipulative ghost-in-law is pretty hilarious and her daughter-in-law fires her smart mouth right back.  They learn to “live” with each other as the story unfolds and try to save the town of Mudbug Louisiana.  This a fun, uncomplicated read if you are looking for a short trip to solve a few mysteries.
321 pages

The Toll- by Cherie Priest  

It took me a little while to get into this book. It is pretty bland at first and I even wondered if I wanted to finish it, but I persevered and I am glad I did. Creepy, monsters, mysteries, with a little magic thrown around (if you are afraid of dolls you might want to skip a chapter or two). You will definitely think twice before taking a vacation to the Okefenokee Swamp.
336 pages



Read by Salena Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment