"Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father."
Where to begin. I was surprised at the diversity in this book. It was published in 2008 when diversity in YA wasn't as big as it is now, making it a trailblazer in that regard. The tension and pacing was better in this book than the first, and we are finally getting some secrets answered. I am also shipping everyone together and I am hoping they all happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment