This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Magic for Marigold by L.M. Montgomery 288 pages
I love children’s lit, and I regularly re-read the novels of L. M. Montgomery, especially when I’m in the mood for a bit of escapism or am craving a break from modern material. I scanned my shelves a few weeks ago and couldn’t remember if I had ever finished Marigold, so I started in. All of Montgomery’s books are sweet and idyllic, and Marigold is no exception. However, Marigold is more insular and solitary than the most famous of Montgomery’s heroines , Anne and Emily - Marigold’s only friend throughout most of the book is imaginary - so that creates a slightly different variation from Montgomery’s norm. Reading this book made me want to go back to a few of my other Montgomery favorites, though - hence, my entries for The Story Girl and The Golden Road that I'll be posting next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment