This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Saturday, May 28, 2011
"Duchess By Night" by Eloisa James
This is the first book that I've read by this author. I had high hopes because I read the column that she writes on new books in a Barnes and Noble newsletter that I receive. I picked this up at the library after reading the blurb on the back that described Harriet, a bored, widowed duchess who masquerades as a man in order to attend a "rollicking fete" without compromising her reputation. The event and its host bring her plenty of surprises, both good and bad. I enjoyed the descriptions of Harriet dressing in men's clothing and how much she enjoyed wearing pants, but the book was overly long and had a bit too much extraneous description for my taste. Parts of it were well done but other parts seemed rushed resulting in an uneven novel. 368 pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment