This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Monday, May 30, 2011
"Like No Other Lover" by Julie Anne Long
This is the first book I've read by this author, and it's not a typical historical romance. The hero is an entomologist and explorer who actually wears glasses full time. The heroine at first seems like a scheming gold-digger but, as the story progesses, we come to understand her desperation. The novel takes place during a two-week-long house party in which unexpected and sometimes silly things occur. One is when the heroine, trying to impress a suitor, accidentally shoots off part of the anatomy of a statue of David! Like I said, not your typical historial romance. I'm definitely going to read more by this author. Oh, and there's a cute kitten in it, too! 371 pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment