Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, June 29, 2012

Defending Jacob by William Landay

 Andy Barber is a respected assistant district. He lives with his wife and 14-year-old son in a middle-class Massachusetts suburban. Life is good. Then one of his son’s classmates is murdered.  Soon, the investigation focuses on his son. Andy is put on a paid leave of absence because of the conflict of interest.

Then, a parent’s worst nightmare comes true: his son is arrested and put on trial for the murder. The book has been classified as a mystery, a courtroom drama, and a legal thriller, but the most compelling aspect to me was the story of an ordinary family torn apart by suspicion and lack of communication. It details how the stress of being caught up in the legal system can destroy lives, innocent or not.

I found the book to be a compelling read, one that I couldn’t wait to pick up at night, and that I hated to put down at bedtime.

423 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment