Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Not Taco Bell Material



By Adam Carolla

Funny man Adam Carolla (Man Show, Loveline, Crank Yankers, and his own Podcast Network) wrote his second book.  It was released on Tuesday and I finished the audio book this morning.

I knew of Adam from watching The Man Show but can't say I was a fan.  This season he appeared on The Celebrity Apprentice and was fired far to early I think.  I started listening to his Podcast and became an instant fan.  He's a racer much like myself  and enjoys cars and woodworking.  When he got fired from his radio gig 4 years ago he started a Podcast and built a network of podcasts thereafter. 

The chapters in the book are organized by the house he lives in at the time.  At the start of every chapter he tells you the kind of house he's living and what kind of job he had at the time.

The title is a joke inside the book.  He applied for a job at Taco Bell when he was 16 and the manager told him he wasn't taco bell material.

I really respect what he has done with his life.  He came from a poor family and has really made himself into the man that he is.

This book is not for everyone.  It has A LOT of bad words in it.  If you are at all easily offended don't read this book.

I enjoyed it, however.

336 Pages, 8 Hour audio book

No comments:

Post a Comment