This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Thursday, February 28, 2013
The book of Jonas by Stephen Dau, read by Simon Vance
I picked this audiobook because the story sounded interesting-a young Muslim orphan who comes to America but has trouble adjusting to his new life. Jonas' tale is interweaved with the story of the young American soldier who rescued him. Dau tries to describe the damage that war inflicts on soldiers and civilians but he doesn't give the reader any new insights on an age-old problem. I don't know if the fractured timeline doesn't work well in an audiobook format or if I just couldn't get interested in the plot. In any case, the book didn't live up to my expectations. Unabridged, 5 hours 47 minutes. 272 pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment