This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Darkness & Light by John Harvey
This mystery novel is part of Frank Elder series, set in modern day England. This is the first one I've read, but several have preceded this one. In this story, Frank, now retired, is called on by his ex-wife to help look into the disappearance of a friend's sister. Of course, it turns out to be murder, and with connections to an unsolved case from Frank's past. Stylishly written, there are enough plot twists to keep it moving briskly along, but the conclusion is not all that surprising. The parts about Frank coming to terms with reconnecting with his family are less successful, but I think I'll try to find some of the earlier books in the series. 350 pages
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment