Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber


(Posted for Ann Roberts)

This is undoubtedly among the worst books I have ever read; the plot mundane, the characters insipid and unappealing. The story is about Jo Marie Rose, a widow, who has just arrived in Cedar Cove to run a bed and breakfast. Her first guests are Joshua Weaver and Abby Kincaid. Joshua has come to collect a few family mementos from his dying stepfather, a cruel man him who drove Josh out of his home in high school. Joshua is angry and bitter and wants nothing more than get his stuff and run.

Abby, who has not been home for 20 years, has returned for her brother's wedding. She is dealing with painful memories of a friend who was killed in an automobile accident, which happened while Abby was driving. She, too, only wants to do what she has to do and then get out of town. However, they both meet the loves of their life and live happily ever after.  My reading this book is further testimony to my reading compulsion. What’s worse is this author has millions of books in print. Which made me think, if I were to pen some similar drivel, could I get her publisher to publish me? I’m thinking there’s a retirement plan there!

 Paperback, 330 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment