This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Saturday, November 23, 2013
"A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift" by Jennifer Ashley
This is book 4.5 in the Highland Pleasures series, about which I've posted in the past (including this month). I read this out of order because I didn't know about it. Luckily, it was a free download to my Kindle since none of the local libraries have it. This story takes place eight months after Hart Mackenzie, the Scottish Duke of Kilmorgan, has made a duchess out of his first love, Lady Eleanor Ramsay, during the final weeks of the year. Eleanor is very pregnant with their first child and can't do much to help with the preparations for Christmas and Hogmanay, the Scottish word for and celebration of the new year. All of the Mackenzie brothers and their wives, as well as extended family and guests, have gathered at Kilmorgan to celebrate and await the arrival of the heir to the dukedom. I really enjoyed seeing all of the Mackenzie brothers, their wives, and children together in one place. It is not a stand alone read; the previous books in the series must be read for it to be enjoyable. 137 pages (Kindle edition).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment