This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
The Language of Bees by Laurie King
It's been awhile since I've read Laurie King's Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes series. I had a few books to catch up on and when I started reading The Language of Bees it was like meeting an old friend. Her books are so enjoyable-likable, interesting characters and puzzling plot-lines. The Language of Bees takes off from the mystery of an abandoned bee hive. Why did the bees leave and where did they go? How do bees communicate with each other? Does the language of families share the mysterious qualities of bee communication? Mary Russell ponders these questions as she helps Sherlock Holmes try to find his estranged son's wife and child. 715 pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment