Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"Nocturne: Creatures of the Night" by Traer Scott

I picked up this book on the recommendation of Christa at UCPL and also because I love animals.  I was not disappointed!  The photographer used a homemade "little black box" in which she placed the smaller animals and insects to keep them calm and get better pictures with a black background.  All of these creatures are mostly nocturnal or crepuscular (most active at dusk and dawn), but some have had to become diurnal due to the interference of humans.  The close-up photos are all wonderful, so I just cannot pick a favorite (although the Fennec fox on the cover is super cute)!  There are also explanations of the biggest threats to nocturnal animals as well as a list of organizations that help them and their habitats.  Highly recommended.  128 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment