This book, published in 1898, is an old ghost story regarding a new governess, her charges, and the two spirits that seem to haunt the estate. This was a very ambiguous book in some areas and detailed in others. How old is the boy, Miles? Why was Miles expelled from school? Why is the uncle the main contact and why does he want nothing to do with anything? Why are these spirits haunting the estate? I still don't know! I am much more fond of Edgar Allen Poe in regards to haunting tales. This book was hard to know what was going on in some areas, and easily understandable in others. The story reminds me why I have an English degree in creative writing instead of literature (I would love to re-write this story!).
I read this book as an audio book.
Narrator: John Brewster
Time: 4 hours, 7 minutes
Pages (Per archived version of first edition of the book): 213
I found a scanned PDF of the original book (the story was published with another story by Henry James: "Covering End").
https://ia902303.us.archive.org/26/items/twomagicsturnofs00jameiala/twomagicsturnofs00jameiala.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment