Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, May 26, 2016

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

Golden Son (Red Rising, #2)Golden Son by Pierce Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My brain explodes with awesome as I read these stories.

And terror.

Pierce Brown is like the Joss Whedon of YA Sci-Fi novels.

ME: This character is awesome!

PB:  *character dies*

ME: I love this character!

PB:  *character dies brutally*

ME:  THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!

PB:  *massacre ensues: character dies, as well as his best friend and sister*

ME:  I hate this guy. Worst character ever. So boring and blah. Whatevs.

PB:  YOU LIE. YOU LOVE HIM. *character dies, is resurrected, and DIES AGAIN*

Also, everyone is required to be happy in solidarity when the 2nd book in a series really delivers, because there's nothing quite so heartbreaking as reading book #2 and encountering. . . meh. This is as far from meh as a book can get.

Pages: 464

1 comment:

  1. Another great review, Becky, with a great final sentence!

    ReplyDelete