This was a story with a lot of potential that focused on two college students who happen to be moonlighting as superheroes on opposing teams. Patrick Black is super smart, openly gay, and the adopted son of a billionaire vigilante whose raised him to take on the crime fighting persona called "Apprentice." Calder King is the football team's quarterback with extraordinary strength and invulnerability and works for his mother's "Victory Squad" as "Titan." Patrick's father and Calder's mother hate each other and blame the other for the crime wave hitting their city, but when the two young men end up as roommates at school, things get complicated.
Unfortunately, I wasn't really crazy about this book. I felt like parts of the story were missing, especially at the beginning where it seemed to skim over some relevant facts. For example, Calder was in some sort of accident and can't remember anything before the age of 15 but not many details were given about this important event. There is a sequel, but I'm not sure that I have the patience to read it. 258 pages (Kindle edition).
No comments:
Post a Comment