Reliquary by Sarah FineMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a dark and twisty adult paranormal novel. The characters are salty, and the story is spicy.
It continues to prove that Sarah Fine is an excellent writer with a head full of strange ideas and stories that I always enjoy reading. She has a real knack for pacing and plot, which I don't typically recognize until after I have raced through another of her stories. They all read so easily that I rarely pick up something by her and don't finish it the same day.
Also, the audiobook reader (Carly Robins) is excellent, and she has to deal with a wide variety of personalities and even accents in this series.
Pages: 306
Splinter by Sarah FineMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Book 2 is also excellent, though I at times wanted to shake the MC for her thought, actions, and behaviors. She just handles things in a way that is quite different from me, though that should be expected, as she is not me.
This book suffers under the illusion of a love triangle, though it's clear one point of the triangle doesn't belong in the equation.
Pages: 306
Mosaic by Sarah FineMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is not the last book in the series. I don't accept that is the case, based on the ending. If it is, then my rating should lose a star.
However, despite Fine's penchant for trilogies, I don't think she's done with this series, which makes the end of book 3 completely logical and understandable. Fine has a way of ending series that is complete and satisfying, so I think perhaps this series needs 1 or 2 more books, as we don't seem to have come to the end of the Mattie's story.
I remain hopeful and will patiently wait for Fine to write book 4, even though that might not have been the publisher's original intention for this series.
Pages: 310
No comments:
Post a Comment