Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Death of Pie (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery #19)

 The Death of Pie (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery #19)

My Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

The title is a play off the book and movie title, the Life of Pi, but has nothing to do with that story.

This book follows Butter Off Dead in the Penn-Dutch series. The events and timeline of Butter off Dead were confusing to say the least. I thought I had missed some books in the series but other events seemed to happen right after the previous book and a few even prior to the previous title. Then along comes, Death of Pie, to explain that the last book was a tell-all about the townspeople from a mystery novelist who was a guest at the Penn-Dutch Inn. This book is supposed to be the mystery of who killed the author to get even. But it meanders badly, the limited clues are all there in the first few chapters. Had I known I would have skipped Butter Off Dead all together. It is not necessary to read it for this story at all. Really hope the next story is better or the author ties up this series and moves on.

Pages: 200 

No comments:

Post a Comment