Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Royals Series Final Two books

Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4)Fallen Heir by Erin Watt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My major complaint is that you only get part of the book, not a full story, so have book 5 on hand.
I could say this is a cliffhanger, but there's a big difference between a closing cliffhanger and having absolutely zero resolution to any part of the story, which is what this book does.

Other than that, it's similar to the first three, though with more contained drama. It's on that same wild thread, just much tamer.

I honestly think the last two books should have been one book, and the ending of this story should have been the midpoint of the book. That would have made a lot more sense, and some of the unnecessary excess could have been cut.

Pages: 300


Cracked Kingdom (The Royals, #5)Cracked Kingdom by Erin Watt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like this better than book 4, but it could be because I was just desperate for some resolution.

These are decent overall, but they weren't really necessary to the series. They feel pretty different from the first two books, despite containing the same world, some of the same characters, and plenty of drama. There's an element of the ridiculous that is gone from these final two books. I can't decide if that is good, because it can make for a better story, or if it's bad, as that is why I was reading this series in the first place---to watch the ongoing trainwreck.

Overall, not a bad story, but it's incomplete without book 4. The two have to be read together to make sense, since each book is essentially one half of one story.

Pages: 305

No comments:

Post a Comment