Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, May 31, 2019

More Meghan March Books

Beneath These Chains by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the push and pull of this one. It had a rough side that wasn’t as well fleshed out as I wished, but it was still sexy and layered. I enjoyed the contrast between the two leads.

There’s a lot of similarities in this series. It makes the guys blend together just a bit for me, but the women are all different, which keeps it more interesting.

Pages 358

Beneath This Ink by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rich girl and tattooed bad boy trope, but with enough layers to keep things interesting and sexy.

Pages: 372



Beneath These Lies
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is definitely my favorite of the first 5 books, and it has a love triangle. What can I say? A girl wants to have options.

Pages: 363



Beneath These Scars
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These are great in audio format. I enjoyed this, and it had some unexpected twists.

Pages: 346



Beneath These Shadows
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my new favorite in this series. It was a nice change of pace.

Pages: 386




Beneath the Truth
by Meghan March
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Plot is pretty ridiculous and convoluted, and side characters are poorly developed. However, there are some things I liked about the romance, especially in the first half. Things got a it out of hand in the second half, and I found myself losing interest.

Pages: 350



Dirty Billionaire
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It only gets 4 stars because this is not a complete story. It cuts off right when it starts to reach some big conflict, so you have to have book 2 on hand as soon as Book 1 ends, especially since it ends so abruptly and in the middle of an important moment.

I suspect these 3 books should actually be one book and just got hacked up, but it is too early to tell.

Regardless, this is a sexy read and I’m moving on to book 2 ASAP.

Pages: 283



Dirty Pleasures
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This would be awkward on its own, since it’s the middle of a book, instead of a story that stands alone. But as part of the trilogy, it works. You basically need to read all 3 books as if they are one.

This one is a bit more all over the place, so it might be more of a 3.5 for me.

Pages: 177



Dirty Together
by Meghan March
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The trilogy lost momentum with each new book. It would have been better as one well written story than it was as 3 short stories.

Page: 204



Dirty Girl
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It’s another half book. It must be read with book 2 in order to get a full story and some plot resolution. This one is dirty in a good way, so it’s a fun, mindless sort of read.

Pages: 250


Dirty Love
by Meghan March
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There’s some things that just didn’t sit well for me with this one. It’s sexy enough, but the storyline has issues that are hard to overlook. It’s probably my least favorite March book so far. I don’t dislike it. Just don’t love it.

Pages: 250



Real Good Man
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Funny. But also only half a story, so have book 2 handy.

Pages: 250



Real Good Love
by Meghan March
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Convoluted ending with a bit too much telling. It just loses steam.

Pages: 250



Take Me Back
by Meghan March
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one is an interesting change of pace compared to the others. I do wish it had been longer, so that things could have been fleshed out more and side characters could have been developed. But overall, it held my attention.

I think that the storylines and character development leave a lot to be desired in the March books, and since I’ve been reading them all back to back, even the sexy scenes are starting to feel pretty repetitive.

Every single male lead in every book is an alpha male, and they are all the exact same kind of alpha, so the lack of variety and personality is getting to me at this point. I feel like I’m starting to read the same story over and over again with just different names. This one is a change of pace from that, in terms of storyline, at least, but even with the variety the storyline and characters were not well fleshed out.

I wanted to get through all 31 books, but I think I’m about halfway, and I feel like this author has very little to offer at this point that is new or different. I’m going to try a few more and if it’s all more of the same, I might be done and move on.

Pages: 275



Real Dirty
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Solid. Enjoyed it overall.

Pages: 250



Real Sexy
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Decent follow-up

Pages: 250



Savage Prince
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love the sculpting theme in this one. Plus, sexy. Have book 2 handy.

Pages: 275



Iron Princess
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A little bit random at times, but good overall. I think the second book in a March series is often like it, because it’s not ever a full story on its own that you get.

They dive in where book one suddenly cuts off and run until they cut off for book three. This one stays pretty exciting but trying to imagine it as a story on its own and not part of one longer story is basically impossible.

Pages: 250



Rogue Royalty
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Good ending. Unexpected.

Pages: 300



Ruthless King
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is some really twisted, criminal, borderline Stockholm Syndrome stuff. But clearly I liked it anyway, and the end has surprise twist. It’s still not a complete story, as none of March’s books have a full plot cycle or plot resolution, so make sure you have book 2 handy to continue at the exact moment it dramatically cuts off.

Pages: 350



Defiant Queen
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know on some level that I shouldn’t like this one, but I still do. LOL.

Pages: 252


Sinful Empire
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not bad but lost some of the momentum of the first two.

Pages: 243


Richer Than Sin
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This one has a solid and interesting story that alternates between past and present. Lots of drama.

Page: 250


Sinful Empire
by Meghan March
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not bad but lost some of the momentum of the first two.


Reveling in Sin
by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Very soap operatic, almost to the point of being a sweeping family saga. But in a mostly good way. This is one series that is far more about the storyline than about sexy times, and I liked that. A lot. Not that sexy times aren’t fun, but having a good story to go with it makes it much more readable and satisfying.

Pages: 250

No comments:

Post a Comment