Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, May 17, 2019

Romance Binge

Running into Love (Fluke My Life, #1)Running into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thought this might be boring, but I was absolutely charmed. It's funny, and it has an awesome dog. It gets 4 stars for the story and the extra star is for the dog, Muffin. :)

Pages: 224


Stumbling into Love (Fluke My Life, #2)Stumbling into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sweet. But it plays too much into that, “I’m not like other girls” BS that I don’t enjoy much, because since when is there a standard for what the typical woman is like? I know many women. All different.

In this case, she likes t-shirts and sweatpants and doesn’t wear makeup, so automatically she is a “tomboy”—-um, nope. That’s not how that works. Or even what that means. Being low maintenance and/or cozy and confident in your own skin doesn’t make you less “womanly.” End rant.

Story itself is good, outside of that silly and unnecessary stereotypical nonsense.

Pages: 200


Tossed Into Love (Fluke My Life, #3)Tossed Into Love
by Aurora Rose Reynolds

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pizza, fashion, and lots of misunderstandings. Best part is the elderly neighbor, who is a real gem.

Pages: 208


Drawn into Love (Fluke My Life #4)Drawn into Love
by Aurora Rose Reynolds

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh, sweetness. I’m a sucker for a story with an adorable kid and an ugly dog.

Pages: 214



The Anatomy of Jane
by Amelia LeFay

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy wow. This is hot, and I love these characters. There's actually a good story/plot here to draw you in, so you won't just be reading for the intrigue of it.

pages: 272



The Anatomy of Us
by Amelia LeFay

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Also good, though I wanted them to deal with past issues better. And sometimes the little girl speaks with language that is way above her development level, which left my inner-educator feeling uncomfortable about the lack of authenticity/accuracy. Other than that, another enjoyable read.

Pages: 200

No comments:

Post a Comment