Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Audible Escape Strikes Again

So this is Nicole's fault, because she restarted our Audible Escape subscription as a Prime Day special, for 3 months for $9. Now, I feel compelled to read as many Audible romances as I can in 3 months, because obviously that's what you have to do when you get a good deal. . .

The Foxe & the HoundThe Foxe & the Hound

by R.S. Grey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an adorable story about opposites, with a lot of charm, a vet, and an enormous dog. So 4 stars for the overall story and an extra star for all the funny dog moments.

Pages: 330

Imperfect MatchImperfect Match

by Corinne Michaels

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is funny and adorable. I liked the first half better than the second half, which is pretty predictable and a bit less funny. Overall, though, it's a cute concept.

Pages: 255



Timing (Timing, #1)Timing by Mary Calmes

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holy hawt cowboy book! The only thing I wanted from this story was more length and a bit more depth. Otherwise, it was a great read. I enjoyed the characters and contrasts.

Pages: 232



Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys, #1)Corralled by Lorelei James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Clearly, I'm continuing the hot cowboy trend.

This is a love triangle between a sports medicine nurse and two rodeo cowboys. So that's fun. It moves in unexpected directions, and it didn't end the way I would have guessed at the beginning, which ended up being a good thing.

Pages: 339

Twice the Growl (Paranormal Dating Agency, #1)Twice the Growl
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, that was a helluva lot of fun. I only wish it was longer.

Pages: 110


Geek Bearing Gifts (Paranormal Dating Agency, #2)Geek Bearing Gifts
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, this series is just all kinds of sweet, sexy, and paranormal, with a lot of curvy ladies and positive body image vibes. What more could a girl want? (Longer. I wanted it to be longer. The book, obviously, as the male lead is beyond sufficient.)

Pages: 182



Her Purrfect Match (Paranormal Dating Agency, #3)Her Purrfect Match
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These stories are like a sweet and spicy snack. You gobble them up and then want more.

Pages: 172


Curves 'em Right (Paranormal Dating Agency, #4)Curves 'em Right
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Who doesn’t love a curvy librarian who gets 2 for the price of 1? As always, I continue to be Team Wolf. Twihards never die.

Pages: 186


Tall, Dark and Panther (Paranormal Dating Agency, #5)Tall, Dark and Panther
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This one started to feel a bit repetitive, like it was recycling from previous books, but I still enjoyed it overall, even though it didn’t offer anything particularly new.

Pages: 166


The Alion King (Paranormal Dating Agency, #6)The Alion King
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An otherworldly change of pace. Just when I was worried things were starting to get repetitive, this changed it all up with an alien world.

Pages: 186



There's Snow Escape (Paranormal Dating Agency, #7)There's Snow Escape
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed more time spent in the new world, as well as a female lead who is not sure if she’s going to just accept what is being sold to her. Nice change of pace. Another 2 for the price of 1 bargain.

Pages: 174


Scaling Her Dragon (Paranormal Dating Agency, #8)Scaling Her Dragon
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a nice change of pace, with a more challenging journey toward the HEA. And of course, who doesn’t love a dragon? Yes, please, and thank you.

Pages: 170


Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)Getting Played
by Emma Chase
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is cute. I enjoyed the first book more, but this has great elements of the kind of family that you form, instead of the kind you are born into, and I enjoyed that.

Pages: 241



Scrooge Me Hard (Paranormal Dating Agency, #9.5)Scrooge Me Hard
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A cute holiday short about getting a second chance at love.

Pages: 106


Bearfoot and Pregnant (Paranormal Dating Agency, #10)Bearfoot and Pregnant
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fun change of pace and a brief intro to a new world.

Pages: 234



All Kitten Aside (Paranormal Dating Agency, #11)All Kitten Aside
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finally! A story where a female gets to be both an alpha and a shifter! Yay! This is also the first story in which 2 shifters are matched, instead of a shifter and a human. Happy for the variety and change of pace.

Pages: 232


Oh, My Roared (Paranormal Dating Agency, #12)Oh, My Roared by Milly Taiden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story brought 3 different types of shifters together, based on the decision-making of the female. So obviously, I approve of and appreciate that. It is nice to see the females taking control of some of these stories. All I wanted was a bit more development in the different relationships and a better understanding of what it means when 3 different shifters mate.

Pages: 247


Piece of Tail (Paranormal Dating Agency, #13)Piece of Tail
by Milly Taide

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It started out strong, but I lost a bit of interest by the end. Maybe it was just me, though, so I haven’t altered my rating.

Pages: 179


Kiss My Asteroid: Galaxa Warriors (Paranormal Dating Agency, #14)Kiss My Asteroid: Galaxa Warriors
by Milly Taiden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Funny, with alien royalty. So of course that kept my attention.

Pages: 194


The Protector (Men of the North, #1)The Protector by Elin Peer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this on Audible Escape, and it sounded sexy and wild, so of course I borrowed it.What I got was something unexpected.

It has a bit of a rocky start with too much telling and backstory, but hang in there, as then it becomes enjoyable and fascinating with lovable characters. I confess I was originally just reading out of curiosity, but now I’m going to go ahead and try book 2.

Pages: 327

The Ruler (Men of the North, #2)The Ruler by Elin Peer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The more I read of this series, the more I enjoy it. It’s actually more dystopian than romance, and I love all the strange insights about gender and gender roles. Don’t get me wrong, there is still a bit of steam, but the focus is world building and character development, which I’m a fan of. So onward!

Pages: 347

The Seducer (Men of the North #4)The Seducer

by Elin Peer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amusing. I am still enjoying all the social commentary, in regards to gender.

Pages: 352

Assigned A Mate (Interstellar Brides Program, #1)Assigned A Mate

by Grace Goodwin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is somewhere between 50 Shades and an X rated version of Star Wars, without all the character development and world building. So, yeah. I enjoyed it for it's , and it starts in an exciting and shocking way, which immediately grabs your attention and sets the expectations for the overall story.

Pages: 156

Mated To The Warriors (Interstellar Brides Program, #2)Mated To The Warriors

by Grace Goodwin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The fun kind of dirty and also emotional. Plus, who can complain about another 2 for the price of 1?

Pages: 168

Claimed By Her Mates (Interstellar Brides Program, #3)Claimed By Her Mates

by Grace Goodwin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Starting to lose a bit of interest in these series, since all the books are starting to feel kind of the same.

Pages: 150


Taken By Her Mates (Interstellar Brides Program, #4)Taken By Her Mates
by Grace Goodwin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A good change of pace, compared to the last book. It renewed some of my interest, because there was actually a bit of a story and a bit of world building with this one.

Pages: 173


The Warrior (Men of the North #5)The Warrior
by Elin Peer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This one may be my favorite in the series so far.

Pages; 284

No comments:

Post a Comment