Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Homesick by Kate Klise

HomesickHomesick by Kate Klise
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Nope. Could have been a great story, but it just isn't. Last 1/4 of the book is ridiculous.

I do love the MC, Benny, and some of the side characters are equally charming. Most of my frustrations lie with how mental health issues were handled throughout, and I extremely dislike the selfish, delusional, and neglectful mother who behaves like a small child having a tantrum right up until the end of the story and nobody ever does anything to call her out on it.

What I really wanted was for social services to remove Benny from the reach of his incapable and neglectful parents.

I don't have the energy to rehash everything else that frustrated me about this story, so it's just a no on this.

Pages: 192

No comments:

Post a Comment