Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, July 22, 2019

The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

The Story of Arthur Truluv (Arthur Truluv, #1)The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a good, solid read, and honestly, if I hadn't previously read and loved A MAN CALLED OVE, then I possibly would have given this book 5 stars. It's just that in comparison, the other story is a much stronger character study than this is, which makes this book feel almost like an imitation or copy.

Overall, I did enjoy both reads in their own way. The story of Ove has a lot more humor and charm, and the story of Truluv leans more towards the sentimental side of things. It would be interesting for people to read them back to back and compare, though I do think if I had done that, then it might have led to a lower score for Truluv. However, it would have made for interesting discussion, since there are so many similarities between the two stories.

If you're thinking about reading both, I recommend you start with this, then follow up with A MAN CALLED OVE. Then you can just appreciate this for what it is and the charm that it has, without having to compare the two, as once compared, I feel Ove comes out on top.

Pages: 240

No comments:

Post a Comment