Inheritance Cycle, Christopher
Paolini, 2782. (4 books) This series got me through my final senior semester. It's an old
favorite and I have always loved the relationship between Eragon and Saphira
and was one of the first books I read that sparked my love of dragons.

Where
the Crawdads Sing,
Delia Owens, 370. I wanted to read this ever since it rose to popularity a year
or so ago and I can say I was not disappointed. The story switches between the
mystery surrounding the murder of a community member and the story of a girl
trying to survive on her own out on the bayou. Both stories progress together
until they merge for the final few chapters.
The Shadow and Bone Trilogy,
Leigh Bardugo, 1215. (3 books) I re-read this series because Netflix was announcing its
adaption to television. I fell in love with the world that Bardugo had created
in this trilogy and now cannot wait to see how she continues to build it in the
next series she is writing in the same universe.
To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, Christopher Paolini, 856. I don't often read
space epics but this one came highly recommended and it absolutely blew me away
with the story, imagery, and characters. Kira discovers an ancient alien relic
that becomes bonded to her, just in time for war to erupt in her star system
with the relic somehow being the key to either saving everything Kira knows and
utterly destroying the universe.
Red Queen Series, Victoria Aveyard, 2048. (4 books) While this series
contains many of the usual love triangle-dystopian novel tropes, the twists
definitely make it worth a read. It contains a society divided between a red
blooded people and silver blooded nobility who have strange powers that they
use to suppress the "Reds" until one red girl who has lightning in
her hands changes everything.
Read by Nora Wesselmann
No comments:
Post a Comment