Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Death and the Senator by Arthur C. Clarke

I found this title on the Adobe Digital Editions free download site. I've always liked science fiction and read a title or two by Arthur C. Clarke eons ago. So, when the short story Death and the Senator appeared on the list, I figured it would be a worthy read.

Senator Steelman is at the height of his political success - the lead candidate in the race for president - when he is given the news that his heart is failing and he will be dead within months. Overnight his life is changed. Gone are the political ambitions to be replaced by a new awareness of the importance of family and a simpler life. Then, quite unexpectedly Steelman is given the chance for a cure. The dilemma? He must rely on treatment at a Russian hospital facility in space. This is the same type of facility that Steelman blocked when NASA sought funding for one for the United States several years earlier. What will he do? What would you do? A thought-provoking title. 20 p
.

No comments:

Post a Comment