Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Gap Creek by Robert Morgan
I've decided this year I am going to try to read a wider variety of fiction and nonfiction works, maybe going back to some classics or bestselling authors that I missed the first time around. Since I skipped most of the Oprah Book Club picks, I opted to start my new reading regimen with Gap Creek. Here we learn about life at the end of the 1800s through the eyes of Julie Harmon. Whether she is with her family or her new husband, Hank, you can be sure Julie is always hard at work, doing her best to complete tasks that must be done but others are unwilling or unable to do. Julie has more calamities befall her than a soap opera. There were times I wanted to scream, "No! No! Stop being an enabler!" But, I quickly remembered this was only fiction and any resemblance to reality was purely coincidental. Still, I found myself drawn into the drama, rooting for Julie and her kin to not only survive, but thrive. 336 pages.
No comments:
Post a Comment