Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, November 28, 2014

Before I Say Goodbye by Mary Higgins Clark

Nell McDermott is being pressured by her grandfather, Cornelius McDermott, to run for his old congressional seat. But her husband, Adam Cauliff, is adamantly opposed. They fight about it before Adam leaves for work. He has a business meeting on his boat that afternoon; the boat is blown up and Adam and the other three people on board are killed. But are they really?

This being a Mary Higgins Clark, it just can't be that simple. That is only the beginning of a rollicking tale of corruption, bribery, arson and murder. Mix in a little psychic phenomena, and you have a classic MHC suspense story

I always enjoy these, although the writing is rather weak, and the dialogue is often painful. But for some reason, I find them a quick, fun read, and this one was no exception.


416 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment